This has been a really strange week. I have spent most of it thinking that I have not gotten a single thing done. However, when I looked back I have made a lot of progress on many different projects. In the way of domestic chores, I have come to the realization that cooking for myself is just creating more dishes for me to deal with and I am not eating any healthier. To combat this, I have started opening a can of green beans or carrots, heating them up, and using that as a snack. I have also purchased some frozen food that I just need to throw in the oven and that will be food for at least a day if not more. I also purchased salad mix, we will have to see what a difference these steps make in my overall eating/time spent cleaning up. I managed to get the black plastic on my front bed, I’ve been meaning to do that for three years, but I think I mentioned that in my last post.
I live far enough out that I have a well, the heavy cement well cap is right beside my driveway. This means that when big trucks come up my driveway, fedex, ups, oil delivery, repair trucks, they tend to run over that cap often knocking it askew. To combat this I purchased 4 pieces of fencing that arrived a few days ago. I promptly went out and managed to get them temporarily installed around the well cap. I will use a rubber mallet to completely install them when it stops snowing. Since I only needed 2 I will be using the other 2 to create a barrier between my garbage cans and the ditch so I don’t have to retrieve the cans from the ditch on garbage day.
The final home repair I have done is a patch job on a wall in the master bathroom. Half of a toilet paper roll holder that was installed somehow got ripped out of the wall leaving a hole. I honestly cannot remember how, it’s been years. I purchased a repair kit a while back, but like many things, never found the time to fix it. On to Crafty Stuff!
For my public library job I created a video on how to finger knitting for Monday April 13th. This past Monday I created a video on how to weave on cardboard looms, the video turned out pretty well however the process was a mess of cable repairmen, upload times, and time restrictions on unverified Youtube accounts…I’m not dwelling on that. I shot the video on finger knitting, have been requested to create an introduction with my face, and will edit and upload the results on Monday. Until then, here is some finger knitting:
This is Madelinetosh Home in Danger Will Robinson colorway. The bulky yarn shows the stitches pretty well, I used a worsted during the video this will be my intro piece.
I’m trying to organize my stash, during that process I found a shawl I was working on. It’s a very simple shawl, however it is knitted with my handspun yarn on very large needles. I’ve discovered that I can hold these without any real pain, so I am working on that.
Finally we have my shawl. As you could see last week, the weave seemed pretty loose. I spent some time adjusting the yarns so that the structure would be tighter. The results were interesting, I posted them on Instagram and was advised to felt the piece to keep the structure how it was. I decided to stabilize the edges and some of the structures by weaving around them, the results are here:
I am still not certain how well I like it, however I will finish with the edges and give it a wash. I already have two bulky yarns tied together so that I can try another tri-loom shawl once I have the loom cleared.
This is about it for me for the week (not including work stuff, I’m still doing academic library stuff for my other two libraries). I hope that you live life A Little More Abstract, and if you are an introvert please check on your extroverts!