Since I will be missing my August Meeting of the Enchanted Mountain Weaver’s Guild I decided to warp up my hand dyed bamboo warp this weekend.
This is a straight twill draft with beads added in. The yellow is fairly dominating at this point in the weave, I hope that the red and other colors will begin to balance this out as I progress. I love the shine, pattern, as well as the bit of pop the beads give the overall effect. I am having such fun weaving this piece, I cannot wait to get to the next segment.
My rigid heddle piece is made from cotton and, while lighter, has a bit more heft to the individual strands. I am playing around on the last part of the towels I have been weaving for a couple of years to see what the different manipulation techniques will look like. This is the section where I placed bobby pins to delineate each of the sections for brooks bouquet. The technique worked well, I did not like the resulting lace however.
I also managed to pour three pieces of resin, two are for my director and one was a sample piece. Since the piece of resin did release from the mold cleanly that aspect was a success, however there are streaks from where the petroleum jelly was in the mold giving the end result a failing grade. The other two pieces are lovely and I believe I will have some bath bomb molds ordered to create a perfectly spherical result for the second attempt at a paperweight.
This was an exciting new project, and I love how they turned out! I am going to see if my director will approve the purchase of new materials for this project, the initial results are simply amazing!
Finally is an update on my Furls Crochet Coffee Cups Pullover. I have 24 rounds left alternating Half Double Crochet and Double Crochet, then two rounds of Single Crochet and I am ready to start the sleeves. Right now I like how the resulting sweater looks and fits. While the sweater is a bit heavy, the double crochets leave enough of a gap that I believe I will need to wear something underneath. Perhaps just a tank or cover-up over my bust and stomach areas. (I will probably pay more attention to where the collar fits when it is finished as well.)
In conclusion, this past weekend was a very craft heavy weekend. I had a ton of fun, managed to accomplish quite a bit, and since I just found out my external garage needs rewired, I will not be in my new studio any time soon!
Happy Crafting and remember to Live Life A Little More Abstract!