I really enjoyed taking the sock fiber from the February Paradise Fibers box and using coffee to dye it. I will have to wait until I can get a good photograph outside, because the color does not show very well at all in this photo. It was so much fun saving the grounds from my k-cups and turning them into a great fiber to spin. Should I decide to overdye this, the brown as a base will add a lot of depth to the new color. I cannot wait to spin this, but I have a couple of projects before I can get to this one.
Speaking of Spinning Projects I have made progress on my spin for a pair of anklettos/wristlettos. Using the Ezee Twist tool I managed to spin my yarn at about 16wpi singles which should be 8 wpi 2-ply yarn. I finished off the singles, they are currently resting.
I have also signed up to take part in the Paradise Fibers Spinlympics again this year, even though there are no winter olympics. I already had a grab bag of the merino fiber that they recommend using, I have carded up the yellow, orange, and blues with some silk I had around and made rolags. I hope to start spinning this since the spinlympics are ending by the end of February. This will put me, although I am already, behind on spinning for my hap. That is supposed to be knit up by the middle of March. I don’t think I will make the deadline, but I certainly hope to have the spinning done for that by then. I do not have any photos of my Spinlympics rolags nor my Hap rolags, so we will have to skip to sock progress.
I have the first two socks made from the pattern in Interweave Crochet 2011. I did not do any extra shaping around the ankle in the blue worsted weight yarn sock. However for the multi-colored fingering weight sock I added a few decreases before I turned for the heel. This causes the sock to be a much better fit around my ankle. Since I used the same size hook for both the fingering weight yarn is a looser fabric than the worsted, this will result in a sock that will wear out faster, but I have already noticed that the fingering weight sock breathes better on my foot. Right when I finished the fingering weight sock I started on the second sock. I am not too worried about the worsted weight one, but I really do want to have a pair of socks in this fingering weight yarn. I had also purchased two skeins of Felici in the Baker Street colorway from knitpicks. I adore the BBC show Sherlock (though I hate Mary) and so I had to have these Sherlock inspired socks. I went down a size in my crochet hook, and I am also making the ribbing a bit longer than previously. I have tried the cuff on, and 36 stitches should still be the right amount. I am very excited to see how these are going to turn out!
That is all of my progress for now, Happy Crafting!