During these times I’m still working from home, it is going pretty well actually. I am also doing some cleaning, not as much as I should, and some crafting. For my public library I managed to create a video that uses some simple tools and cardboard to create art-ish. The above is my creation. I also did some work on washing wool. I soaked some wool in cold water to get the basic dirt out:
You can see, it helped a bit but there is still some major dirt and lanolin. I washed a batch by scrubbing each individual lock across a bar of soap. These results were amazingly clean, however very labor intensive:
Then I took one batch and used hot water and unicorn simply clean to soak for ten minutes:
This worked really well, I did not rinse this batch out just soaked and let dry so that I could use them as an example in the video I’m making. For the rest of the picked locks I used hot water and unicorn to soak twice and then rinsed with just water a third time. These results were wonderful, I just adore how well this works.
You can see the amazing difference, how crisply clean and white all of the fleece is. This is some Coopworth Yearling fiber, it started out as 8 ounces. I picked out the washed locks and put them in a plastic bag after it had thoroughly dried. I am so excited to be able to spin this fleece, however it is going to be some time.
I also used a large potholder loom I bought from Harrisville to make two separate potholders that were beautiful. I’m looking at buying some more loopers for the larger loom, however they are a bit pricey.
I’m also doing some work on my 7′ tri-loom. I’m trying to do some cut string weaving as opposed to continuous string weaving. Right now I think that there are too many gaps between the threads, so I am planning on trying to add extra yarn in between several of these picks. Some of them I doubled up in one section, because of this I should be able to add a thread in between these doubled up to tighten things up. In this flash I love how rainbow this looks, neat!