GOALS LAST WEEK:
- Figure out where my time Goes – Well, I already knew this. Toward reading Glee Fanfiction. I did manage to finish two books and my sweater this week so that is certainly progress.
- Finish the Sleeves – Accomplished! Just need to wash and lay out (clear off sweater mat)
- Finish the first month of my poncho – Okay, this is not finished, I did manage to add on 3 balls and I am almost ready to add on the 4th. After that I will need to knit through about 6 more balls to reach the next part of the pattern. With slow days I might be able to finish this by the end of the month.
- Work on the first month of my crochet cowl – No Progress
- Decide on next project (not Jimmy Beans Wool)
- Socks, knit
- Ladybug Cowl from Kelly’s Knit Club
- Cover for Strickt Planner, Knit – Cast on and knit the first 2 rows of this.
- New Sweater from Kit (You have about 3)
- Finish Winding the warp for your first rug, 10 epi – There has been no progress made on my garage. I have done some winding of this, but there really isn’t a rush right now.
- Figure out how many inches each of the sections on the sectional warp beam are supposed to cover. – Since there are 19 segments and the reed is 35 Inches I have the first and last covering about 1/2 an inch with the middle sections each covering 2 inches (or twenty ends) of warp. If the interview goes well and I get the job (and find a house that will fit my looms) then once I’m settled and have all of my expenses taken care of I intend to buy enough cones to use the sectional beam the way it was meant to be, wind on about 800 yards of warp and go to town with rugs! It’s fun to dream!
- Look up information about job for interview, figure out some questions like benefits package, outreach efforts, community demographics, etc.- Looked up the library and its rules, very clear and concise. What you think of when you think of a library. I am certainly looking forward to this interview.
In other news, I do not have a photo of the finished sweater, with the 3/4 sleeves it does not look that different from the last photo. I hope to get pictures soon. I do have a photo of my progress on my poncho, I really like how the colors are coming together, though I am a bit concerned about how the actual construction will work. Oh well, no point in worrying.
There might be a slight amount of puckering along one edge, but I am choosing to believe the adage, “That Will Block Right Out” to save my sanity. The newest pattern release for the Sherlock Afghan Monthly Square has just dropped this will make the 8th square that has dropped, out of those 8 I’ve made 1. Oh well, I’ll always have the patterns and the yarn so I can work on those when I get a yen to do something else in worsted. So, setting goals for the week (realizing that I tend to peter out near the end of the week and with one colleague going, an interview on the horizon, and another colleague with an interview pending) I am going to keep my goals simple.
THIS WEEK’S GOALS:
- Get through my Skype Interview
- Call the garage to get my inspection and brakes
- Work on my Poncho, ultimately I would like to get to the second portion
- Complete at least 10 rows on my Strickplaner cover
- Keep working on my budget/budget plan
- Figure out a food plan that includes:
- Decent Food
- Not a ton of expense
- Quick to make
- Easy to take with me for work
- Containers that are either disposable or dishwasher safe
Okay, that should be more than enough to keep me busy. If I manage to finish winding the warp and putting it on the warp beams that would be gravy. Also if I manage to pick up the crochet cowl or cast on the knit flat sock those would be bonuses as well.
Until next week Remember to Live Life a Little More Abstract!