I cannot believe that it is week 7 already! I did a really neat lockspun yarn from some Mohair locks I obtained off of facebook and the faux angora that I received from the Paradise Fibers April box. I spun this on my Ladybug with a short forward draw, I did not plan on this for my faux angora but I really like how it turned out. I cannot wait to see how it knits up.
This is my first lockspun yarn, I wound up splitting the fiber while I spun the singles to add in the locks. Then I wound the yarn onto weaving bobbins to even everything out. I wound up having two weaving bobbins of the lockspun singles, part of that is simply how bulky the lockspun singles are. I then wound off the rest of the faux angora onto four other bobbins. I decided to make this into a three ply yarn, I am not sure of the yardage since my Niddy Noddy was in the cellar and I wasn’t going down there last night.