Using my Brother Drum Carder and my Howard Hand Cards I managed to create a really amazing set of fiber preparations. The rolags at the left are from my handcards, I really like how they turned out. The middle was carded as a striped batt on my drum carder, I put it through the carder once and added a lot of sparkle that is not showing up here.
The single color batts were put through the drum carder once, again with a lot of sparkle added. The final batt looks red on one side, purple on the other, and has every color in between (along with a ton of sparkle). I tried to show the colors using the spots where I ‘nibbled’ it off of my drum carder, but they don’t show too well.
I am really looking forward to spinning each of these yarns and then plying them to make an amazing 3 ply yarn.